On this Freedom Friday, I choose to exercise my right to express GRATITUDE and APPRECIATION to my blogging friend, Imani, for selecting me to receive the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.
A writer and poet, Imani encouraged me to write my first poem last year. A major accomplishment for a poetically challenged 72-year-old.
I, especially, enjoy the essays that she shares, which introduced me to the lifestyle, culture and traditions of her country.
- Provide the link to the person who nominated you.
- Add the reward logo.
- Answer the questions your nominator has asked.
- Nominate five other bloggers and let them know via comments.
- Ask your nominee five questions.
The Questions Imani Asked Me
- Who or what puts a smile on your face and why? A young child or baby will automatically bring a smile. It doesn’t matter if it’s a photo or face-to-face interaction, they are cute and funny.
- If you could change the world, in one sentence how would you achieve it? I would end the unjust and unfair treatment of people because of their religion, race, gender, age, ethnicity, etc. I would encourage respect and acceptance of those who are different citing Matthew 7:12, “Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.”
- What is your favorite color and why? Pink. Pink is my favorite color because tradition taught me this was proper for a young girl growing up in the 40s and 50s. As a young adult, I identified Pink with femininity and expressed it with the lingerie, gowns, PJS, and slippers that I wore. I dressed my baby girls in Pink because it was expected in the 60s and 70s. Diagnosed with Breast Cancer at 68, Pink was the color that designated me as a survivor. Pink is my favorite because I never took the time to pick another color.
- Would you tell your friends/family the truth if you felt it would hurt them? No, if I felt it would serve no other purpose than to cause more hurt. Yes, if it would have a negative impact on their health and safety.
- Like Lucile asked me, “Are you mad at me because I nominated you for this award and you have extra work to do?” Of course. not. I am grateful to you for opening up this opportunity to meet new blogging friends and even more exciting and enriching experiences.
I nominate the following for Advising Me, Informing Me, Guiding Me, Training Me, Uplifting Me, Inspiring Me and just plain old Making Me Feel Better.
- My Wonky Life
- Living, Learning and Letting Go
- Ori Yeye nii Mogum
- Journeying Beyond Breast Cancer
- Second Half Woman
My questions to them:
- Who would you want with you if stranded on a deserted island?
- Would you rather travel by plane, train, or automobile?
- If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
- For what in you life do you feel most grateful?
- If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?