My healing container garden uplifts me spiritually, emotionally and physically. Within this special space, I relax, meditate, and most important, I AM STILL.
By Breast Cancer Yoga Staff.
Breast cancer therapy gardens can take as many forms as the plants within them, the end results are the same-healing spaces that bring comfort and peace to those who use them. The reshaping of your environment can promote prevention of health problems. Therapeutic gardens and horticulture therapy are a great part of a holistic approach to recovery.
Healing Garden Ideas:
1. Use lush, colorful planting that is varied and interesting
2. Use flowering plants over several seasons to mark the seasons and provide a sense of cyclical rhythm throughout the year.
3. Use trees whose foliage moves easily and creates noise even in a slight breeze.
4. Use plants and other devices (such as feeders and birdbaths) to attract birds and butterflies.
5. Use a harmonious variety of plant textures, forms and colors.
6. If possible, add a water feature. Moving water creates a…
View original post 214 more words