I plan to restart practicing Yoga at home. When I took Yoga classes at the Y, last year, I was uncomfortable because others in the class were experienced Yogis. At some point, I may return to classes. But right now my Yoga comfort-level is withYoga Videos and the Breast Cancer Authority Blog.
Learn A Safe & Supported Yoga Pose For Breast Cancer – Side Child Restorative Yoga Pose.
By Diana Ross, E-RYT 500, Founder of Breast Cancer Yoga.
The purpose of a relaxed pose may be obvious. Relaxation is intended to rid the body and mind of the negative effects of stress, unwanted thoughts, anxiety, fear, and then to create a state of rest. You will love this pose. Deep relaxation is a definite result of this well supported pose. It relieves anxiety and promotes well-being while balancing the healing response of the autonomic nervous system.
- Promotes progressive muscle relaxation
- Brings the nervous system back into balance
- Strengthens the relaxation response in your day-to-day life
- Relieves anxiety and promotes well-being
- Facilitates parasympathetic healing response
- Has a “moment-to-moment” experience for both internal and external
- Reduces strain on sciatica joints
- Begin on back, then roll onto right side, extend right lower leg…
View original post 214 more words